definitions of thesaurus terminology
definitions of terms used in thesaurus entries
- SCOPE NOTE: explains HOW the term has been used to index items in the library database; defines the term
- USE: denotes a preferred term or phrase
- USED FOR: indicates terms or phrases that are NOT used to index items in the library database; these terms or phrases are considered synonymous with the indicated preferred term (only use "preferred terms" when searching the library database)
- BROADER TERM: broader or more general terms or phrases
- NARROWER TERM: narrower or more specific terms or phrases; a subset of the indicated broader term
- RELATED TERM: a term or phrase that is conceptually or associatively linked with the indicated preferred term
Thesaurus: 1501 entries.
Scope Note: Defined by Canada's national statistics agency as a married or common-law couple (with or without children of either or both partners), or a lone parent of any marital status, with at least one child living in the same dwelling.
CENSUS METROPOLITAN AREA
CENSUS METROPOLITAN AREAS (Search for related entries in the library)
Scope Note: Geographic area defined by Statistics Canada as having an urban core with a population of at least 100,000.
- NARROWER TERM(S)
- RELATED TERM(S)
- USED FOR
CENTRAL AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEAN (Search for related entries in the library)
CENTRAL CANADA (Search for related entries in the library)
- BROADER TERM(S)