definitions of thesaurus terminology
definitions of terms used in thesaurus entries
- SCOPE NOTE: explains HOW the term has been used to index items in the library database; defines the term
- USE: denotes a preferred term or phrase
- USED FOR: indicates terms or phrases that are NOT used to index items in the library database; these terms or phrases are considered synonymous with the indicated preferred term (only use "preferred terms" when searching the library database)
- BROADER TERM: broader or more general terms or phrases
- NARROWER TERM: narrower or more specific terms or phrases; a subset of the indicated broader term
- RELATED TERM: a term or phrase that is conceptually or associatively linked with the indicated preferred term
Thesaurus: 1501 entries.
BENEFITS (Search for related entries in the library)
Scope Note: Non-monetary that may be provided to employees by employers or by the state. Access to benefits is often contingent on other factors such as type of employment relationship and/or one's participation in the paid labour market.
- NARROWER TERM(S)
- RELATED TERM(S)
BIO-MEDICAL MODEL OF HEALTH SERVICES
Scope Note: Defines health care primarily in terms of the treatment of body parts based on particular kinds of scientific evidence. Care is provided by those with formal training required to employ such evidence. Care is separated from other services.
BLUE-COLLAR WORKERS (Search for related entries in the library)
Scope Note: Workers who perform manual labour, either skilled or unskilled, in industries such as manufacturing, construction and the trades. Associated traditionally with male, working class employment.