definitions of thesaurus terminology
definitions of terms used in thesaurus entries
- SCOPE NOTE: explains HOW the term has been used to index items in the library database; defines the term
- USE: denotes a preferred term or phrase
- USED FOR: indicates terms or phrases that are NOT used to index items in the library database; these terms or phrases are considered synonymous with the indicated preferred term (only use "preferred terms" when searching the library database)
- BROADER TERM: broader or more general terms or phrases
- NARROWER TERM: narrower or more specific terms or phrases; a subset of the indicated broader term
- RELATED TERM: a term or phrase that is conceptually or associatively linked with the indicated preferred term
Thesaurus: 1501 entries.
Scope Note: Formal citizenship granted by nation states normally to those born in within a country and legal permanent residents who fulfill specified criteria.
- BROADER TERM(S)
- NARROWER TERM(S)
- RELATED TERM(S)
- USED FOR
NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE
NATIONAL UNION OF PUBLIC AND GENERAL EMPLOYEES
- USED FOR
NATIONALISM (Search for related entries in the library)
Scope Note: An ideology premised on the notion of a homogeneous and distinctive nation or community inhabited by people with shared characteristics such as ethnicity, language, heritage, or interest.
NATIVE LANGUAGE (Search for related entries in the library)
Scope Note: The language which an individual considers to be his or her primary language and/or that which s/he has learned from birth.