definitions of thesaurus terminology
definitions of terms used in thesaurus entries
- SCOPE NOTE: explains HOW the term has been used to index items in the library database; defines the term
- USE: denotes a preferred term or phrase
- USED FOR: indicates terms or phrases that are NOT used to index items in the library database; these terms or phrases are considered synonymous with the indicated preferred term (only use "preferred terms" when searching the library database)
- BROADER TERM: broader or more general terms or phrases
- NARROWER TERM: narrower or more specific terms or phrases; a subset of the indicated broader term
- RELATED TERM: a term or phrase that is conceptually or associatively linked with the indicated preferred term
Thesaurus: 1501 entries.
FOREIGN TEMPORARY WORKERS
FORM OF EMPLOYMENT
FORMAL CARE (Search for related entries in the library)
Scope Note: Health care or related services characterized by the involvement of paid, professionally trained individuals, most frequently taking place within purpose-built instituions, in which informal and family-based care is absent or peripheral.
FORMS OF EMPLOYMENT (Search for related entries in the library)
Scope Note: Different categories of paid/wage work or self-employment (e.g. temporary, permanent, part-time and full-time). Statistical tables use the term "employment form" to refer only to forms of paid work/waged work and not to self-employment.
- BROADER TERM(S)
- NARROWER TERM(S)
- RELATED TERM(S)
- USED FOR