definitions of thesaurus terminology
definitions of terms used in thesaurus entries
- SCOPE NOTE: explains HOW the term has been used to index items in the library database; defines the term
- USE: denotes a preferred term or phrase
- USED FOR: indicates terms or phrases that are NOT used to index items in the library database; these terms or phrases are considered synonymous with the indicated preferred term (only use "preferred terms" when searching the library database)
- BROADER TERM: broader or more general terms or phrases
- NARROWER TERM: narrower or more specific terms or phrases; a subset of the indicated broader term
- RELATED TERM: a term or phrase that is conceptually or associatively linked with the indicated preferred term
Thesaurus: 1501 entries.
ANCILLARY HEALTH WORKERS
ANTI SCAB LAW
Scope Note: Legislation that prohibits the use of replacement workers during a legal strike action. Replacement workers are sometimes referred to as 'scabs'. There is great variation in the extent of anti-scab legislation.
Scope Note: A period of long-term, regulated training which imposes mutual obligations on the parties involved.
- RELATED TERM(S)
ARAB AMERICANS (Search for related entries in the library)