definitions of thesaurus terminology
definitions of terms used in thesaurus entries
- SCOPE NOTE: explains HOW the term has been used to index items in the library database; defines the term
- USE: denotes a preferred term or phrase
- USED FOR: indicates terms or phrases that are NOT used to index items in the library database; these terms or phrases are considered synonymous with the indicated preferred term (only use "preferred terms" when searching the library database)
- BROADER TERM: broader or more general terms or phrases
- NARROWER TERM: narrower or more specific terms or phrases; a subset of the indicated broader term
- RELATED TERM: a term or phrase that is conceptually or associatively linked with the indicated preferred term
Thesaurus: 1501 entries.
CYBERFEMINISM (Search for related entries in the library)
Scope Note: A branch of feminism interested in the role that technology, particularly information technology, can play in facilitating women's social equality, activism, and equity.
CYBERSPACE (Search for related entries in the library)
Scope Note: Refers to the virtual "space" or "community" created by the internet, is often conceptualized as an ethereal medium of digitized information.
Scope Note: A human-machine hybrid. Cyborgs can be imaginary creatures or they can represent real human- machine interfaces. They symbolize the blurring boundaries between "nature" and "civilization" or "organic" and "inorganic".
CZECH REPUBLIC (Search for related entries in the library)