definitions of thesaurus terminology
definitions of terms used in thesaurus entries
- SCOPE NOTE: explains HOW the term has been used to index items in the library database; defines the term
- USE: denotes a preferred term or phrase
- USED FOR: indicates terms or phrases that are NOT used to index items in the library database; these terms or phrases are considered synonymous with the indicated preferred term (only use "preferred terms" when searching the library database)
- BROADER TERM: broader or more general terms or phrases
- NARROWER TERM: narrower or more specific terms or phrases; a subset of the indicated broader term
- RELATED TERM: a term or phrase that is conceptually or associatively linked with the indicated preferred term
Thesaurus: 1501 entries.
ACTIVISM (Search for related entries in the library)
ACTIVITY LIMITATIONS (Search for related entries in the library)
Scope Note: A long-term reduction in a person's capacity to perform the average kind or amount of activities associated with his or her age group. Frequently used in surveys relating to population health and welfare as a measure of disability.
Scope Note: The segment of the population approximately between the ages of twenty-five and sixty-five years. The is a socially constructed life stage and population, but is consistently used in survey research.
AFFIRMITIVE ACTION PROGRAMS
Scope Note: Such programs identify and redress systemic barriers in workplaces and unions for equity-seeking groups. They recognize that treating a disadvantaged group the same as a privileged group will not produce equality.
- RELATED TERM(S)
- USED FOR
- NARROWER TERM(S)
- RELATED TERM(S)
AFRICAN AMERICANS (Search for related entries in the library)
AFRICAN CANADIANS (Search for related entries in the library)