definitions of thesaurus terminology
definitions of terms used in thesaurus entries
- SCOPE NOTE: explains HOW the term has been used to index items in the library database; defines the term
- USE: denotes a preferred term or phrase
- USED FOR: indicates terms or phrases that are NOT used to index items in the library database; these terms or phrases are considered synonymous with the indicated preferred term (only use "preferred terms" when searching the library database)
- BROADER TERM: broader or more general terms or phrases
- NARROWER TERM: narrower or more specific terms or phrases; a subset of the indicated broader term
- RELATED TERM: a term or phrase that is conceptually or associatively linked with the indicated preferred term
Thesaurus search results for 'CAPITALISM': 2 results found.
CAPITALISM (Search for related entries in the library)
Scope Note: An economic system that is based on free markets and private, for-profit production. There are several variations of capitalism with more or less state intervention and regulation (e.g. welfare capitalism, state capitalism).
GEOGRAPHIES OF CAPITALISM (Search for related entries in the library)
Scope Note: The relationship between space and the accumulation of capital, which is uneven partly due to capitalism both causing and being caused by sociospatial inequalities.
- BROADER TERM(S)