definitions of thesaurus terminology
definitions of terms used in thesaurus entries
- SCOPE NOTE: explains HOW the term has been used to index items in the library database; defines the term
- USE: denotes a preferred term or phrase
- USED FOR: indicates terms or phrases that are NOT used to index items in the library database; these terms or phrases are considered synonymous with the indicated preferred term (only use "preferred terms" when searching the library database)
- BROADER TERM: broader or more general terms or phrases
- NARROWER TERM: narrower or more specific terms or phrases; a subset of the indicated broader term
- RELATED TERM: a term or phrase that is conceptually or associatively linked with the indicated preferred term
Thesaurus search results for 'DOMESTIC WORKERS': 2 results found.
DOMESTIC WORKERS (Search for related entries in the library)
Scope Note: Workers hired in domestic, home-based settings. Can include nannies, homecare workers, cleaning helps, and others. Often poorly paid and with uneven working conditions, workers are typically pulled from marginalized groups.
- BROADER TERM(S)
- NARROWER TERM(S)
- RELATED TERM(S)
- USED FOR
FOREIGN DOMESTIC WORKERS (Search for related entries in the library)
Scope Note: Domestic workers who are not citizens of the country in which they are employed. Specific terms of entry and settlement apply to this class of worker in some countries (e.g. Canada's Live-In Caregiver Program).