definitions of thesaurus terminology
definitions of terms used in thesaurus entries
- SCOPE NOTE: explains HOW the term has been used to index items in the library database; defines the term
- USE: denotes a preferred term or phrase
- USED FOR: indicates terms or phrases that are NOT used to index items in the library database; these terms or phrases are considered synonymous with the indicated preferred term (only use "preferred terms" when searching the library database)
- BROADER TERM: broader or more general terms or phrases
- NARROWER TERM: narrower or more specific terms or phrases; a subset of the indicated broader term
- RELATED TERM: a term or phrase that is conceptually or associatively linked with the indicated preferred term
Thesaurus search results for 'EMPLOYEE TURNOVER': 1 results found.
EMPLOYEE TURNOVER (Search for related entries in the library)
Scope Note: The rate at which employees join and leave jobs. Some industries have very high turnover, which may be indicative of the low desirability of jobs or of high stress associated with the work.
- RELATED TERM(S)
- USED FOR