definitions of thesaurus terminology
definitions of terms used in thesaurus entries
- SCOPE NOTE: explains HOW the term has been used to index items in the library database; defines the term
- USE: denotes a preferred term or phrase
- USED FOR: indicates terms or phrases that are NOT used to index items in the library database; these terms or phrases are considered synonymous with the indicated preferred term (only use "preferred terms" when searching the library database)
- BROADER TERM: broader or more general terms or phrases
- NARROWER TERM: narrower or more specific terms or phrases; a subset of the indicated broader term
- RELATED TERM: a term or phrase that is conceptually or associatively linked with the indicated preferred term
Thesaurus search results for 'LEADERSHIP': 5 results found.
Scope Note: Leadership by those who are not in formal or elected leadership positions; women frequently play this under-valued and often not recognized role in unions, political parties, and other organizations.
- NARROWER TERM(S)
- RELATED TERM(S)
Scope Note: The practice, often in women's groups or committees, of sharing leadership responsibilities in order to democratize organizational structures and strategies. Also a mechanism for sharing leadership skills and expertise, and training.
UNION LEADERSHIP (Search for related entries in the library)
UNION LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT