definitions of thesaurus terminology
definitions of terms used in thesaurus entries
- SCOPE NOTE: explains HOW the term has been used to index items in the library database; defines the term
- USE: denotes a preferred term or phrase
- USED FOR: indicates terms or phrases that are NOT used to index items in the library database; these terms or phrases are considered synonymous with the indicated preferred term (only use "preferred terms" when searching the library database)
- BROADER TERM: broader or more general terms or phrases
- NARROWER TERM: narrower or more specific terms or phrases; a subset of the indicated broader term
- RELATED TERM: a term or phrase that is conceptually or associatively linked with the indicated preferred term
Thesaurus search results for 'MEDICAL MODEL': 3 results found.
BIO-MEDICAL MODEL OF HEALTH SERVICES
Scope Note: Defines health care primarily in terms of the treatment of body parts based on particular kinds of scientific evidence. Care is provided by those with formal training required to employ such evidence. Care is separated from other services.
- RELATED TERM(S)
MEDICAL MODEL OF HEALTH SERVICES (Search for related entries in the library)
Scope Note: An approach to health care that is defined narrowly to include only providers with formal training and that deals primarily in terms of the treatment of body parts based on particular kinds of scientific evidence.