definitions of thesaurus terminology
definitions of terms used in thesaurus entries
- SCOPE NOTE: explains HOW the term has been used to index items in the library database; defines the term
- USE: denotes a preferred term or phrase
- USED FOR: indicates terms or phrases that are NOT used to index items in the library database; these terms or phrases are considered synonymous with the indicated preferred term (only use "preferred terms" when searching the library database)
- BROADER TERM: broader or more general terms or phrases
- NARROWER TERM: narrower or more specific terms or phrases; a subset of the indicated broader term
- RELATED TERM: a term or phrase that is conceptually or associatively linked with the indicated preferred term
Thesaurus search results for 'OCCUPATIONAL CHOICE': 1 results found.
OCCUPATIONAL CHOICE (Search for related entries in the library)
Scope Note: The selection of particular jobs or fields of work, which can be affected by social and institutional factors such as discrimination, access to work of choice, and unpaid work responsibilities as well as economic incentives and education.
- RELATED TERM(S)
- USED FOR