definitions of thesaurus terminology
definitions of terms used in thesaurus entries
- SCOPE NOTE: explains HOW the term has been used to index items in the library database; defines the term
- USE: denotes a preferred term or phrase
- USED FOR: indicates terms or phrases that are NOT used to index items in the library database; these terms or phrases are considered synonymous with the indicated preferred term (only use "preferred terms" when searching the library database)
- BROADER TERM: broader or more general terms or phrases
- NARROWER TERM: narrower or more specific terms or phrases; a subset of the indicated broader term
- RELATED TERM: a term or phrase that is conceptually or associatively linked with the indicated preferred term
Thesaurus: 1501 entries.
CREDENTIAL ASSESSMENT (Search for related entries in the library)
Scope Note: An assessment of a potential immigrant's employment qualifications, usually administered by the government agency, in which credentials held in the country of origin are compared to the credential system in the country of immigration.
Scope Note: In reference to leadership representation of marginalized groups in unions, political parties and other organizations. The number of such leaders necessary to prevent isolation, marginalization and tokenism, and to ensure representation.
CROSS CULTURAL STUDIES (Search for related entries in the library)
- RELATED TERM(S)
CULTURE CONFLICT (Search for related entries in the library)
CYBERCULTURE (Search for related entries in the library)
Scope Note: A culture oriented around the actual use and future possibilities of technology, particularly human-technology interaction.