definitions of thesaurus terminology
definitions of terms used in thesaurus entries
- SCOPE NOTE: explains HOW the term has been used to index items in the library database; defines the term
- USE: denotes a preferred term or phrase
- USED FOR: indicates terms or phrases that are NOT used to index items in the library database; these terms or phrases are considered synonymous with the indicated preferred term (only use "preferred terms" when searching the library database)
- BROADER TERM: broader or more general terms or phrases
- NARROWER TERM: narrower or more specific terms or phrases; a subset of the indicated broader term
- RELATED TERM: a term or phrase that is conceptually or associatively linked with the indicated preferred term
Thesaurus: 1501 entries.
INFORMAL CARE (Search for related entries in the library)
Scope Note: Care for elderly, children or those with illness and/or disability by friends, family, volunteers or paid providers hired privately by families or individuals. Most are women. Among informal paid providers, many are migrant workers.
INFORMAL ECONOMY (Search for related entries in the library)
Scope Note: An employment and business economy that operates without full knowledge and cooperation of the state and regulatory bodies.
- RELATED TERM(S)
- USED FOR
Scope Note: Leadership by those who are not in formal or elected leadership positions; women frequently play this under-valued and often not recognized role in unions, political parties, and other organizations.
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY
INFORMATION SOCIETY (Search for related entries in the library)