definitions of thesaurus terminology
definitions of terms used in thesaurus entries
- SCOPE NOTE: explains HOW the term has been used to index items in the library database; defines the term
- USE: denotes a preferred term or phrase
- USED FOR: indicates terms or phrases that are NOT used to index items in the library database; these terms or phrases are considered synonymous with the indicated preferred term (only use "preferred terms" when searching the library database)
- BROADER TERM: broader or more general terms or phrases
- NARROWER TERM: narrower or more specific terms or phrases; a subset of the indicated broader term
- RELATED TERM: a term or phrase that is conceptually or associatively linked with the indicated preferred term
Thesaurus search results for 'education': 1 results found.
EDUCATION (Search for related entries in the library)
Scope Note: Variable used in the statistical tables to refer to highest level of formal schooling completed. Attainment of a degree, certificate or diploma is considered to be at a higher level than years completed without educational qualification.
- NARROWER TERM(S)
- RELATED TERM(S)
- USED FOR